Tag Archives: prosecutor

Dr. James Kauffman ‘one man crime-spree,’ prosecutor says

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don’t Threaten. Threats of harming another
person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don’t knowingly lie about anyone
or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism
that is

Read more at: http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/crime/kauffman/dr-james-kauffman-one-man-crime-spree-prosecutor-says/article_b4798a6b-222e-535f-9bc2-02591916fe24.html

7 arrested to quell 3-month wave of murder and mayhem, prosecutor says

Homicide, stabbings, carjackings, assault and armed robbery — for three months authorities say members of a major gang carried out a wave of crime and mayhem mostly throughout Middlesex County.

An investigation into the crime wave has resulted in the arrests of seven gang members on a myriad of charges, including murder and armed robbery, Middlesex County Prosecutor Andrew C. Carey and New Brunswick police Director Anthony Caputo announced in a statement.

The crime spree, officials said Wednesday, began on the night of Sept. 7 with a shooting on Throop Avenue in New Brunswick.

Three days later, a gas station was robbed on French Street in New Brunswick.

Then, on Sept. 16, at 2:40 a.m., an attempted carjacking took place on Beachwood Court, in the Monmouth Junction-section of South Brunswick.

Three days after that, at about 9:30 p.m. another shooting occurred on Throop Avenue in New Brunswick, resulting in three men being wounded. They were

Read more at: http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ssf/2017/12/7_charged_in_3-month_crime_spree.html

7 arrested to quell 3-month wave of murder and mayhem, prosecutor …

Homicide, stabbings, carjackings, assault and armed robbery — for three months authorities say members of a major gang carried out a wave of crime and mayhem mostly throughout Middlesex County.

An investigation into the crime wave has resulted in the arrests of seven gang members on a myriad of charges, including murder and armed robbery, Middlesex County Prosecutor Andrew C. Carey and New Brunswick police Director Anthony Caputo announced in a statement.

The crime spree, officials said Wednesday, began on the night of Sept. 7 with a shooting on Throop Avenue in New Brunswick.

Three days later, a gas station was robbed on French Street in New Brunswick.

Then, on Sept. 16, at 2:40 a.m., an attempted carjacking took place on Beachwood Court, in the Monmouth Junction-section of South Brunswick.

Three days after that, at about 9:30 p.m. another shooting occurred on Throop Avenue in New Brunswick, resulting in three men being wounded. They were

Read more at: http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ssf/2017/12/7_charged_in_3-month_crime_spree.html

Hampton prosecutor: Men involved in regional crime spree

A Washington, D.C., man who exchanged gunfire with Hampton police after taking control of an officer’s handgun remained in the hospital Wednesday, while a judge denied bond to two other men in the case.

Meanwhile, Hampton’s top prosecutor said the men are considered “very dangerous” and “were involved in other crimes.”

“We believe they were involved in a crime spree throughout the Hampton Roads area,” said Commonwealth’s Attorney Anton Bell. “Multiple cities are now conducting ongoing investigations into these alleged acts.”

Leonard Allen Morrison III, 29, awaits several charges — including two counts of attempted capital murder of a police officer — after being accused of grabbing an officer’s gun during an arrest Monday afternoon in the parking lot of AMC Hampton Town Centre 24, firing at officers and striking one in the chest.

Prosecutor: Sex offender charged with South End crime spree

A convicted rapist allegedly broke into apartments, stole property and videotaped women in the nude in a terrifying South End crime spree last year, a prosecutor said today.

“This was a patterning of conduct targeting women and apartments occupied by woman and bracketing them as potential victims,” said Assistant District Attorney Ian Polumbaum, chief of DA Conley’s Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Unit. “He went to the alley behind a basement, ground-floor apartment and videotaped one of the women who lived there unclothed without her knowledge and without consent.”

Ronald Brown, 53, stood behind a door and out of sight of cameras in the 7th floor Suffolk Superior courtroom as a clerk magistrate rattled off the 19 new indictments returned by a grand jury against him.

Brown spoke only to indicate he could hear what was happening in the courtroom, and to shout out “not guilty” 19 times after being asked

Read more at: http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2017/04/prosecutor_sex_offender_charged_with_south_end_crime_spree