Tag Archives: alleged

UCSB Student Arrested Following Alleged Crime Spree

Source: Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office

At approximately 12:40 a.m. this morning, November 2, 2017, Sheriff’s Deputies and UCSB Police Officers assigned to the Isla Vista Foot Patrol (IVFP) responded to an apartment in the 700 block of Camino Del Sur on a report of a robbery that had just occurred. The victim was walking in the area of Camino Del Sur and Abrego Road when the suspect, described as a college-aged Asian male, walked up behind the victim, grabbed his arm and forcibly removed his cell phone from his hand. The suspect quickly ran northbound on Camino Del Sur with the victim’s phone. The victim walked back to his apartment nearby and called 9-1-1. 

Just one hour later, at approximately 1:50 a.m., IVFP personnel responded to the intersection of Camino Pescadero and Sueno Road for a report of an Asian male acting strangely and jumping onto moving vehicles. When the IVFP

Read more at: https://www.edhat.com/news/ucsb-student-arrested-following-alleged-crime-spree

Taunton man held without bail in alleged armed robbery, carjacking crime spree

TAUNTON — A Taunton man who police say embarked on a three-week crime spree in Fall River, Taunton and Easton is being held without bail pending a hearing next month in Taunton District Court.

Eric James Ortiz, last known address 1 Karena Drive, apt. 14 of Country Village Estates, is facing two counts of armed robbery and one count of carjacking.

Ortiz, 26, was nabbed Oct. 16 by Easton detectives at a Bellingham residence, on the same day he allegedly robbed an Easton Papa Gino’s by grabbing his pants to suggest he was carrying a gun, police said.

Fall River police had been looking for him since the evening of Sept. 27, when Ortiz allegedly carjacked a vehicle at 9 p.m. in the parking lot of the CVS store on President Avenue.

Forty minutes later, police say, he robbed the Mobil gas station at 1088 County St.

Read more at: http://www.tauntongazette.com/news/20171031/taunton-man-held-without-bail-in-alleged-armed-robbery-carjacking-crime-spree

Taunton man held without bail in alleged armed robbery, carjacking …

TAUNTON — A Taunton man who police say embarked on a three-week crime spree in Fall River, Taunton and Easton is being held without bail pending a hearing next month in Taunton District Court.

Eric James Ortiz, last known address 1 Karena Drive, apt. 14 of Country Village Estates, is facing two counts of armed robbery and one count of carjacking.

Ortiz, 26, was nabbed Oct. 16 by Easton detectives at a Bellingham residence, on the same day he allegedly robbed an Easton Papa Gino’s by grabbing his pants to suggest he was carrying a gun, police said.

Fall River police had been looking for him since the evening of Sept. 27, when Ortiz allegedly carjacked a vehicle at 9 p.m. in the parking lot of the CVS store on President Avenue.

Forty minutes later, police say, he robbed the Mobil gas station at 1088 County St.

Read more at: http://www.tauntongazette.com/news/20171031/taunton-man-held-without-bail-in-alleged-armed-robbery-carjacking-crime-spree

Four arrested after alleged crime spree on Sydney’s lower north shore

Four men are in custody after a 50-year-old man was allegedly stabbed in the back and arm on Sydney’s lower north shore on Wednesday night.

NSW Police said the man was walking along Spencer Street in Mosman at 10.40pm when he was allegedly set upon by a group of knife-wielding men.

The man was treated by NSW Ambulance paramedics before being taken to Royal North Shore Hospital with injuries which are not considered life-threatening.

Police stopped a car on Miller Street in North Sydney about 12.35am on Thursday and arrested four men, aged between 23 and 30.

The men have been taken to North Sydney and Chatswood police stations where they are assisting detectives with their investigation.

Police are also continuing their inquiries into three other armed robberies on the lower north shore over the past three days.

A 15-year-old boy was allegedly approached by a knife-wielding man near North Sydney train station at 11.15pm on Monday.

The

13-year-old Cambridgeshire boy banned from Suffolk after alleged crime spree

A 13-year-old boy from Cambridgeshire has been temporarily banned from Suffolk after being arrested over a raft of crimes.

The teen has been charged with nine offences, including possession of a knife and a theft from Homebase, today (September 19).

Other alleged offences include seven incidents of criminal damage, including five at the Guineas Shopping Centre, one at a skatepark and another inside a police cell.

All took place between late July and early September this year.

The teen is alleged to have committed most of the offences in Newmarket, which is where he was found breaching his bail conditions at around 10am this morning (September 19).

He is currently in custody and due before Ipswich Magistrates Court on October 9.

You can keep up to date with all the latest news in and around Cambridge by downloading our

Read more at: http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/cambridgeshire-teen-newmarket-arrest-prison-13643899

Champion Lakes crime spree: Hunt ends for alleged violent home …

Police have charged a man in relation to a series of violent stabbing robberies and car-jackings in Champion Lakes, near Armadale.

Alfred Krakouer was taken into custody late on Thursday night after police were called to a break-in at a home on Raleigh Street in Carlisle.