The string of robberies in which a man presented notes demanding money began Sept. 7 with the US Bank at 3525 Hartsel Drive, police said. All but one of the banks are in Colorado Springs.
Brown allegedly attempted to rob the US Bank inside the King Soopers at 815 Cheyenne Meadows Road, returning to rob it the next day.
He allegedly cased TCF Bank at 7239 N. Academy Blvd. on Sept. 25, the same day he allegedly attempted to rob two other banks on the same road.
The following is a list of the banks involved in the crime spree:
– Sept. 7: US Bank, 3525 Hartsel Drive
– Sept. 14: Academy Bank, 1 S. Tejon St.
– Sept. 17: US Bank, inside King Soopers, 9225 N. Union Blvd.
– Sept. 22: US Bank, inside King Soopers, 815 Cheyenne Meadows Road (attempted)
– Sept. 22: Academy Bank, inside Walmart, 3201 E. Platte Ave. (attempted)
– Sept. 23: TCF Bank,