Monthly Archives: September 2017

Crime spree couple arrested

A couple has been arrested following a manhunt, involving police services from across southern Ontario.

Niagara Regional Police reported that Kevin Stapleford-Francalanza, 24, and Rachel Hayden, 22, were arrested Friday in “another jurisdiction outside of the Niagara Region.”

The couple were wanted by eight law enforcement agencies related to a crime spree that included at least 25 incidents that occurred from Aug. 18 to Sept. 26, including an incident that happened last week at the Valu-mart parking lot on Niagara Stone Road in Virgil, when a male suspect who was driving the vehicle, with a female passenger, damaged three police cars, two civilian vehicles, and narrowly missed police officers while trying to evade arrest.

Police estimate that incident caused more than $15,000 in damages.

In a media release, police thanked the public “and the numerous other police agencies involved in this matter.”  

Read more at: http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2017/09/30/crime-spree-couple-arrested

Couple wanted for Ontario crime spree arrested

NIAGARA — Niagara Regional Police say a man and woman actively sought for by several police services in Ontario in connection with a more than month-long crime spree across the province have been arrested.

Kevin Stapleford-Francalanza, 24, and Rachel Hayden, 22, who have several times to the region, were wanted on a number of charges ranging from vehicle and gas theft to shoplifting.

Police say there are 25 known incidents related to this crime spree, spanning from Aug. 18 to Sept. 26, with the most recent incident occurring on Sept. 26 in a Niagara-on-the-Lake lot, where the suspects damaged several police and civilian vehicles while attempting to evade arrest. 

On Sept. 29, the two were located and arrested in another jurisdiction outside Niagara. Niagara police thanked the public and the numerous other police agencies involved in the matter.

Related Content

Oxnard man sentenced in monthslong crime spree

An Oxnard man was sentenced to 37 years and four months in state prison for offenses he committed during a monthslong crime spree, authorities said Friday. 

The Ventura County District Attorney’s Office said Ruben Hernandez, 24, was convicted of several crimes committed between March and May 2013. At least three people were hospitalized as a result of these crimes, prosecutors said. 

Hernandez pleaded guilty to assault with a semiautomatic firearm, street terrorism and assault with a deadly weapon for his role in an April 18 incident in which he and two other alleged gang members assaulted a patron at a gas station, the District Attorney’s Office said. 

The Oxnard man also pleaded guilty to four counts of gang-related assault with a semi-automatic firearm and admitted to two additional counts of this offense,

Read more at: http://www.vcstar.com/story/news/local/communities/oxnard/2017/09/29/oxnard-man-sentenced-monthslong-crime-spree/718786001/

Cape man sentenced to prison for 2016 crime spree

A man charged with multiple felonies following a drug-fueled crime spree last year has been sentenced to more than seven years in prison.

Brian Hernandez-Vargas, 40, was sentenced to 91.5 months followed by 60 months of probation for crimes that occurred over a 16-day period in Cape Coral in 2016.

Hernandez-Vargas first burglarized a friend’s home and stole family heirlooms.

He then robbed the same grocery store in Cape Coral twice in the span of just 48 hours. Both of the robberies were committed by rushing two separate female associates at the cash register and taking money. In both attacks, the cashiers, including one who was over 65, sustained injuries trying to fend him off. The women were not seriously injured, officials said.

He then burglarized the home of another acquaintance.

Hernandez-Vargas pleaded open to the court on charges of Robbery by Sudden Snatching, Robbery with a Weapon, Battery on a Person 65 or Older,

Read more at: https://www.cape-coral-daily-breeze.com/page/content.detail/id/664751/Cape-man-sentenced-to-prison-for-2016-crime-spree.html?nav=5011

40-year-old man sentenced for 2016 Cape Coral crime spree – The News

A 40-year-old man was sentenced to almost eight years in prison and 12 years of probation for a drug-fueled crime spree that occurred during a 16-day period in Cape Coral last year. 

Brian Hernandez-Vargas, according to the state attorney’s office, burglarized a friend’s home and stole family heirlooms before robbing a grocery store twice in the span of 48 hours. 

In both robberies, Hernandez-Vargas rushed two employees at the cash register and snatched money out of the cash register. 

One employee, a 65-year-old woman, was injured during one of the attacks. 

Hernandez-Vargas then burglarized the home of another acquaintance. 

Hernandez-Vargas entered a plea to the court and was sentenced by a judge. 

The case was handled by Assistant State Attorney Joshua Fredrickson. 

More: Cape Coral High student

Read more at: http://www.news-press.com/story/news/crime/2017/09/29/40-year-old-man-sentenced-2016-cape-coral-crime-spree/717581001/

Cape Coral man sentenced for 2016 drug-fueled crime spree

CAPE CORAL, Fla. A 40-year-old man was sentenced to 91.5 months in prison for a 2016 drug-fueled crime spree, the state attorney’s office said.

Brian Manolo Hernandez-Vargas, of Cape Coral, burglarized a friend’s home and stole family heirlooms and robbed a grocery store twice in the span of 48 hours, the state attorney’s office said. Hernandez-Vargas rushed two separate clerks at the cash register and stole money.

The clerks in both burglaries sustained non-life threatening injuries, the state attorney’s office said. Hernandez-Vargas then burglarized the home of another friend.

All of the

Read more at: http://www.winknews.com/2017/09/29/cape-coral-man-sentenced-for-2016-drug-fueled-crime-spree/

Police: Man swiped ‘anything of value’ in multi-county crime spree

Deputies are sorting a large assortment of laptops, tablets, golf clubs, televisions, credit cards and other items at the Livingston County Sheriff’s Office after a South Lyon man was arrested Sept. 22 in connection to a long string of thefts in several counties, police said.

Robert Lee Juel, 23, was arraigned Sept. 22 in connection to larcenies, break-ins and illegal credit card use across Livingston County. 

He faces felony charges of identity theft and stealing or retaining a financial transaction device (credit card), and is currently lodged at Livingston County Jail on $100,000 bond.

The charges are related to purchases made with the stolen credit cards, said Det. Sgt.

Read more at: http://www.livingstondaily.com/story/news/2017/09/29/police-man-swiped-anything-value-multi-county-crime-spree/716076001/